The Ina bag is complete! I'm really quite pleased with how it looks. Take a look at some photos of it.
The front of the bag has a zipper pouch toward the top that goes about half the depth of the bag. Below the zipper is a pocket flap with a magnetic closure. I'm still considering adding some embellishment to the flap like a crocheted flower, but haven't decided, yet.
The bag of the bag also has a zippered pouch toward the top. Inside the zipper pouch you can see the lining fabric that I used.
In side the bag there is a small, zippered pouch on either side with patch pockets below them. I ended up running out of lining fabric so used the gray contrast to make the panel strip along the sides and bottom and the lining of the zippered pouches.
The bag interior is spacious enough to hold my planner and wallet, pockets for my phone, business cards, lotions, etc. I've transferred all the things from my old purse into this lovely bag and am looking forward to using it.
Now, I did have a few problems with the bag. One major one is that the lining ended up being 1 1/2 inches too short. I didn't think to compare it to the size of the bag shell before sewing it together. I was able to open it back up and fudge it a little by sewing the seams a bit smaller on the outer shell, but it isn't the best fix. Also, I used woven straps for the inside of the handle and tabs. When I top stitched around the upper edge of the bag, the machine did not like sewing over the double thickness of the straps, outer bag, and lining. I bent two needles and then just decided to end the top stitching right at the tap sections. I may hand stitch those empty sections, but I probably will just leave it.
Would I make this bag, again? If I had free time to do so, I probably would. But bags do take a lot of time to make. There are many steps and it can be really fiddly. The instructions were pretty good, although I do think there should have been something about making sure the lining and outer shell match up in size. The difficult part about this bag was trying to substitute interfacing from the US for the ones recommended from the UK. But overall I am pleased with the pattern and am really happy with the end result of my bag.








Comments
Post a Comment