This has been an interesting year and I know I don't need to go into it here. Let's just say that all the plans (some pretty big ones, too) were cancelled and I was in a bit of a slump with organizing my time.
Now it's the beginning of September and our life here is ramping back up to our pretty close to normal routine. We started school on Monday. I've always homeschooled my kids so there isn't any adjustment there. The extra meetings and co-ops won't be in person for a while so that's been added virtually. Our church has been able to meet this summer so we've been attending and also leading our life groups.
I've been missing out most on the extras that I usually do and that's what put me in the slump. But now, I'm out of them and ready to sew. This summer has been full of customer sewing. The ladies at JoAnn's hand my card out to anyone who is requesting sewing work. I'm grateful for the extra work and income, but my personal sewing has been put aside.
Until now!
I chose and bought this book over a year ago as an anniversary gift. It has so many bags and purses that I'm excited to make.
I had a hard time deciding on a pattern but landed on this as my first one to make from this bag. It's called Ina and has double pockets inside which I'm very excited about. One can never have too many pockets! The finished size should measure 11"x 12 1/2" so should be a good size to carry my planner easily.
Digging through my fabrics last night I found this lovely dragonfly print. This will be my main outer fabric. The gray next to it will be the contrast. I chose this yellow for the piping and the light floral will be the lining.
I should have enough of all the fabrics. I'll need to dig for the other materials that give the bag shape. I doubt I have all that I need so will need to make a run to JoAnn's. I'm not sad about that in the least. I love an excuse to go to my happy place!
Even though I'd love to start on this bag today, it's going to have to wait until I get work done on a customer's quilt. But this should be incentive to stop procrastinating and get the job done!



Comments
Post a Comment